We are assisting a collection in Newark for refugees, primarily in France, Macedonia and Greece, through the network Support Refugees in Europe.
How can you help?
You can help by donating any of the items below. You can also help by donating money through the fundraising page at http://www.gofundme.com/qr2r3m94 All money raised will be used to buy food for the refugees – this is a 100% non-profit exercise.
If anyone would like to volunteer their time to help man the collection points, we’d be very grateful. Please contact Emily Dalton on 07989 534670, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection points in Newark:
Ann et Vin, Castlegate, Newark, NG24 1AZ: Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10am – 7pm until September 16
Barnby Road Academy, Barnbygate, Newark, NG24 1RU: September 15 and 16, 8am – 5pm. Please go to main reception with your donations.
Holy Trinity Community Centre, Boundary Road, Newark NG24 4AU: September 15 and 16, 9am – 4pm.
Highfields School, London Road, NG24 3AL: September 15 and 16, 8.30am – 10am.
Balderton Village Centre, Coronation Street, Newark NG24 3BD. Will be open 15 and 16 September, 8.30am – 4.30pm
1. Shoes for men, women and children – trainers or hiking shoes (no city leather shoes, no heels, no wellies) Sizes particularly needed in men’s shoes are 41-43.
2. Tents – even incomplete ones, including awnings, gazebos and tarpaulins. Anything that makes a waterproof roof!
3. Sleeping bags (including children’s sizes and baby ‘grobags’), sleeping mats, duvets, mattresses and blankets. NO PILLOWS at this time.
4. Jackets and coats – only small and medium sizes and NO WOOL.
5. Leggings, jeggings and thermal tights for women.
6. Hats, gloves, scarves, socks, belts – all sizes.
7. Hoodies, fleeces, jumpers and waterproofs – all sizes, but again NO WOOL please.
8. Nappies, and sanitary products for women. You can imagine how badly these are needed.
9. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, tissues, razors, shaving foam, shampoo.
Bottled water, red lentils (dried), chickpeas (dried or tinned), long-grain or basmati rice (white), tinned tuna, vegetable oil, long-life or dried milk (full fat is best), tea.